Posted by: newenglandarchivist | November 19, 2014

Notre Dame Federation Picnic in 1924

               Click on photo to enlarge

Until 1927, Tyngsboro served as a summer place for the Sisters of Notre Dame. After teaching and attending summer classes to learn new teaching methods and practices, many of the sisters went to Tyngsboro for a brief vacation before school resumed once again in September. More information on the residence can be found in the July 2014 Annals from the Archives.

The Lowell Annals report in June 1924 that “this month brought the usual Musical, Distribution, First Communion of St. Patrick’s little ones, Alumnae Picnic and Corpus Christi Procession.” This photo was taken on June 21, 1924 at the Notre Dame Alumnae picnic in Tyngsboro.

Leave a Reply


%d bloggers like this: